Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A talk with mum...

When my mum don't talk to me like we, all of us owe her happiness, I actually loves to talk to her. My parents are a couple of VERY smart and brainy people. Really, they had gone through so much and they are so wise, so convincing. By actually JUST talking to her, I learn alot of things, and will have alot of thoughts. Mum is really a genius!

We are all very smart wise but when things involve relationship that comes with love, we are all doom. Thats our weaknesses.

Yesterday almost the whole family went to help out on family business. 1 of my cousin, who is running the business met an accident. He was the business right hand man since my dad was around. With face swollen, bruises all over, he still went to work. A whole set of responsibilities, he work 363 days a year. The business is simply very hard to go on without him. Although I do nothing, sitting there only observing... *sigh, I have only 1 word, "kek xim". It means heart ache in hokkien.

The uncle neighbour of our business told us, my dad was really good at the business. The business is more to making very quick decision in quoting the price. Mum said, the uncle neighbour told us, thats his talent that none of them(the whole business line people) gotto learn. He drop price earlier than people when the market is bad, increase earlier when demand is high.Until todate, they still salute and respect him. He had created a history in the line. The whole town still known us as LC's daughter/son. I am proud. Just too bad.... and after he left, everything was mess up, we begin losing one by one...until now.

I felt a mixture of angry and sad at the same time. Seeing all the problems and thinking of this business can let my dad once earn so much, why it becomes like this today? I have the urge to stop my studies to help running the business, really. Mum would have disagreed, sisses will support me I guess, if I insist laa. Afterall this is our OWN business. Whats the use of getting a degree, working from 9 to 5, earning your boss's money?

I am speaking about all the assets my dad earns, that until now we are still enjoying since 12 years ago, a family of 6.

Our conversation was interupted by the accounting firm's mail boy. I hate him. And mum realize we had talked too long... EW~ she said, "wahh..talk with you I many things didn't do already".

I feel she felt is a waste of time talking to me. :( I was actually discussing with her about the business, hoping to understand more, and try to come out with solutions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

think of it another way...u get a degree and go back to help out in family business. at least u learn more than others and u will have the upper hand. ponder...ponder...

if u quit ur studies now n go straight to work then its a waste of ur previous studies cuz u quit half way.

cheers... :D

cheryl said...

Think of another way also...2 years can change/achieve many things...

cheryl said...

btw, its never a waste laa..my days in uni could be meaningless you think, but i learn alot. Besides studies, there are many experience and life lessons...

Anonymous said...

quote by u 2..think another way la..
get a degree doesnt mean juz 2 study d..
u gain d knowledge n apply it in ur work..
ok..u say u gonna stop sutdy now n go 2 work..wut u know about all those stuff??
but if u study..atleast there's a guideline 4 u 2 help u when u face any problem..
u go out of d door now i'm sure u'll regret in d future..think wisely la..
u'r now studying something is related 2 ur business..it's good..
2 or 3 yrs can archieve many..yes..i agree..but if only u success..if u'r not..u'r gonna lose more than u think..
plz plz plz think be4 u make any decision..
on my opinion..stop studying is d worst choice..
btw..holding a degree reli reli reli hv d advantage than other who didnt..i know ur family hv a business..but r u sure tht business reli can last 4ever? how long u think i gonna stand there??
no offense..but if 1 day it collapse n u gonna go out 2 work n gain money 4 ur family..u go out there fight wif ppl wif wut?? ur experience?? u think d boss trust ur experience or tht "paper"?? think urself..

Anonymous said...

Yeah, i agree with you partially if family is in trouble u should help...

But without a proper education the decision you make might be different from after you get ur degree, after all thats what a "degree" teaches you. Econs u learn bout demand and supply, marketing you learn about increasing sales and which market to venture into, statistics teaches you when and where to further invest, and mostly every other thing u learnt u gotta apply in ur life thats how a degree worth the money...

Hopefully you will heed this advice and continue study further

Night Avenger

Anonymous said...

your responsibility haven come to u.let it call on u,then by that time u will need to decide to take it up or not.

Now all u need to do is prepare and prepare,so that when that responsibility come,and u can take it.