Sunday, December 03, 2006

Fact vs Believe

When fact vs believe, who will win?

believe : To accept as true or real.
fact : Knowledge or information based on real occurrences.

TO me, believe wins EVERYTHING.

See! Human have not a single prove, the existing of god. YET, we can end our life, sacrificing for god (last time). Now, people spend thousands a year buying joss stick, paper money. People pray up to 5 times a day believing god will hear them. THe feng shui, the taboo in forest, the ghost, the traditional medicine...

WHat is all these? BELIEVE!

FACT is, there is still no hard prove to show that all these thing exist. But (life always full of but), we believe them.

Believe can be a motivation...ALSO, it can ruin a person's life.

I always always believe things people don't. It motivates me, and people around me. Regarding this, I've done things people think impossible. My achievements? One of the example.. making up a camp in 2 days, including finding participants, renting place to stay, planning activities, food and permission from headmistress with letters, etc etc (Interact Club at the age of 17)...BUT (again), at the same time, my believes discourage me. I believe in "there is a will there is a way"

BUT(again) when there is no way...because sometimes facts are facts. Example, you cannot marry your father. So, when things couldn't turn out like i wanted it to be...I can't sleep, I don't know what to do. I don't want to surrender. I know, fact is there. But my believe take over. So Im lost.

Life is about enjoying the journey. We said this when we win. BUT (again) WHen we lose, hahah, we say, why must it happen?


Life is full of BUT. BEcause life considered many direction point of view. Every 1 degree cannot be regarded as incorrect.

Indeed?

Im happy but sad.
Im strong but weak.
Im laughing but crying.
Im glad but dismay.
Im energized but tired.
Im positive but negative.
Im rational but emotional.
Im love but hate.
Im brave but afraid.
Im winning but losing.

haha

Thus, those feeling are what I am feeling. Which one do you BELIEVE?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

fact VS believe.an interesting post.
for me believe wins over fact. because i am guy who love to believe all thing tat cant happen and yet happen.
BUT ( i really wish to find out who create this word BUT because this word really irrated people) we also sometime cant denied the fact...
human just hate to lose to fact. because we used to believe and suddenly the fact took over ur believe. anyway nobody love to lose...so we juz denied the fact and continue to believe.i did it most of the time...
cheryl : just enjoy ur journey of ur life, life is full of believe,fact,betrayal,love,hate,emotion,stress,etc BUT that is wat make life so challenging right? without all this you will never called as cheryl.

Anonymous said...

wah, these days your blog becoming philosophy forum liao. =P
I agree, belief gives people motivation. Belief gives people hope. You can only hope if there's belief. you can't hope on a fact, cos' then you know what's going to happen, what else is there to hope for?
Hope is a double-edged sword.

Anonymous said...

Copy from someone friendster:
to love is to risk not being loved in return, to hope is to risk pain, to try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing at all..
Therefore, I rather BELIEVE myself and take the risk! If turns out to be a failure, at least I have learnt something and believe I have progressed further.

cheryl said...

keep believeing is good...BUT(ahah really annoying) sometimes...there are stupid things that we cannot believe on. Coz its 100% risky.
Eg: you cannot marry your father.

haha

am i talking bullshit?