Monday, December 18, 2006

Being a kid...

My nephews from S'pore just came back for holidays. Once, we called them babies. I told my sister when she annouced they were back just now, "lets go visit those babies".... And now, it was like yesterday, they were still babies. 3 of them, 10 years old, 8 years old and 7 years old now. :)

They were so happy when we reached there for a short visit. Im so surprised that after a year(or more) they didn't see me, they still remembered, im their "xiao ah yi" ( small aunt )

Seeing them, I have so many thoughts that cannot be describe. Im puzzled seeing them laughing and being so happy with little actions from their siblings. I can't help but feeling happy listening to their stupid question, laughing to their innocent happiness. Hiding here and there can make them SOOO happy. You tell them stories of believes, they ask you so many logical question to make you doubt your stories. And worse is...you can't scold them or whatever...because their questions are reasonable. Most importantly, you remember they are adorable kids. All you can do, is laugh with them.

Why human can't be so naive and pure after grew up? Truly smile only with our heart? How long haven't a human take off their mask and show our true identity?

Can I be naive like kids and have everyone don't hurt me just like they do?

I've like no childhood life since i were little. Can't remember any. I don't have a barbie dolls or a teddy bear. All I can remember was me crying not to go for kindergarten, then got beaten by my dad badly. All I can remember was me crying for my mum to bring me to her shop, not lefting me alone with the maid feeding me porridge. All I can remember was mum holding a sugar cane forcing me to eat, while I was crying not eating.

Awwww...

I didn't want to make this post sounds bitter.

Can I be so adorable to make everyone likes me like my nephews do?

heheee ;)

(only hippo will treat me as adorable as him...*wink)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do

you can

you are

:)

sharman said...

well if grown ups were pure n naive, then we would be taken advantage by others...its not easy to trust others n let our guard down, coz theres too many untrustworthy people existing in this world...

btw, think u meant 'beaten by my dad' not bitten...unless he really bite u, which is rather weird...

Anonymous said...

I donno. Kids seem to like me. But I just hate 'em kids. Can't stand a crybaby in a 4 hour express bus ride.

cheryl said...

sharman : thank you for the correction haha~~ if everyone don't take advantage from everyone...how good? lets start from sharman? and me? heehe

din : wow...never thought you will drop by. Thanks!

sharman said...

i dont take advantage of people, but neither do i let others take advantage of me...letting the guard down will be a bit hard hehehe :P

cheryl said...

eeee....this means u r a dangerous man.

:(