Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cherish a Life

I explore blog, when I have nothing much to do. Something meaningful came by...

Jolene, the blog owner claimed that she was sobbing like nobody's business after she scanned thru the link. I was thinking what was that to be crying about.

Then, eventually....I read this link. It talked about a mother who lost 3 babies. The 1st one died on 2004. Another 2 of them were twins, last year. The son came out earlier as a stillborn and according to the blog, his tiny head got dislodged in the uterus. The daughter continued to live and grow in the womb only to give rise to complications when she was almost reaching full-term. The little girl only stayed in our world for 36 hours.There were picture of the tiny baby stuck with tubes and other medical instruments, baby in the casket.. those tiny bones. The feelings were well shared in the blog. Which I think will wake alot of people up.

The author said...
“I saw a little girl who nearly got banged down by a car only to be pulled back by her slightly older brother. At the side of the road was her father, nonchalantly lighting up a cigarette. These people are blessed with children yet they treat them this way.”

It really touches my heart. People, you really need to read it. Yes I cried. I don't know what to comment. Just go through it, and you will understand how I felt now.

It reminds me of my father...

This is something adapted from the blog :
You can Shed Tears by David Harkins

You can shed tears that he is gone
or you can smile because he lived

You can close your eyes and pray that he will come back
or you can open your eyes and see all that he has left

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him
or you can be full of the love that you have shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and lived yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember him and only that he is gone
or you can cherish his memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what he would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

All of a sudden, I am so afraid. Can somebody give me a hug?

No comments: