Monday, July 27, 2009

Gold

Gold is a symbol of fortune. This is the perception that it gives people. Today, most things devalued but many people are not realizing. The old people used to keep money in long term saving account earning the 5% interest, but are they actually earning? I guess not. With inflation and interest rates moving everyday, money kept depreciating in terms of value so, it is very hard to earn money through saving accounts unless you invest it and make sure you gain. Me and my friends had a sum of money (mind you, our sum of money means we, as STUDENTS "sum" of money, doing part time job etc) and we knew the fact that putting money in saving account does not really earns you more money. Then, I came to ask my sister and she told me about mutual funds. I invested some on it a year ago. Not bad but very slow. Recently, I went to Rich Dad's seminar, and his gold advisor Blair said, gold and silver's price will rise tremendously in future. I always ponder how can I get into this? And so today, I found out that Public Bank actually had a kind of investment called Gold Investment Account. You will buy at least 20gms of gold for initial buy. You were to have at least 2gms of gold in the account as the minimum figures. You have to buy/sell 5gms per transaction. You can withdraw the physical gold subject to t&c. But you can't deposit it physically. Today's gold price is RM106.78.
Live Gold Price

Im interested...

No comments: