Sunday, August 12, 2007

Achievements-Responsibility

Achievements come after responsibility. Responsibilities come after achievements. You agree with this?

We talk about the negative first...
There is 1 of your colleague that has not much responsibility. She only work within her job and probably didn't perform her job well. WHY? BEcause she thinks,

"got me no me, the project will still run, the company will still earn money and most importantly, my pay will still be the same.

Cause the responsibility is not fully given, or passed down.

Without me, somebody else will handle it for me. I am not reliable because there is somebody i can rely on.

Even if i work out of my square, or now, conveniently and easily i work inside my square, the cycle will still be the same; project still run, company earn money, pay still same. BUT I can be more relax. So why making my head bigger when i already have family to take care, kids to raise...etc?"

Therefore it is concluded that achievements is not felt.

No achievements, no motivation and no motivation leads to no responsibility.

POSITIVE :
Today this project is handled to me. If I didn't work out of my square(for eg : working on Sunday), my team will not be able to perform WITHOUT ME. Then, we will not be able to satisfied the buyer(that comes on Sunday) and....what will happen then? OMG, we(because of I) will lose the buyer...the company will lose $1 million. GOSH~ no no, I have to go.

Responsibility is caught.

If I don't work out of my square, "no me, project don't run, company earns lesser money"

-end-

Not everyone is filled with responsibility in nature. Maybe you are, but you cannot expect everyone to be the same as you. HOW to stimulate the responsibility?

Observe human behavior and reactions and study management.

What I think now:
Dealing with irresponsible people, dig out their responsibility by failing 1 project. Teach them a lesson by hitting them with a "because you are not here, or because you are not performing, the whole project failed!". Make them feel the guilt, dig out their responsibility.

Then, stimulate more responsibilities out from them through achievements.

Yes, is a risk and is a lost by failing 1 project. But i believe long run is more important. If your company can change an attitude of a worker, in future that worker can earn much more money for you, and by making him change, he will appreciate the company more, therefore he will probably stays with the company even other company hires him with higher pay.

Furthermore, company that manage to create better workers, if known, good workers will fight to join your company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eh go yum cha come my treat...
mutusamy karupiah gupta singh