Saturday, March 27, 2010

Singaporean

Many people have wrong perception towards Singaporean...something that so far I've been here, I want to justify...

So many incidents happened throughout the 1 month, makes me feel Singaporean and Singapore are really nice.

Many times, I hop onto the bus and do not know where to alight, I will ask the bus driver. The bus driver would rmb where you want to go, even though after 1 hour journey and tell you to alight at the right bus stop. When I first went to interview, the bus driver even tell me the instruction given by my HR was wrong because the gate only open at certain hour. He then show me which was the correct way to alight and tell me where is my company. He even offer to teach me how to take busses and gave me a short briefing abt Singapore...

Today, the bus driver I think he forgot to remind me where to alight, but an auntie tab on my shoulder, telling me this is Lavender MRT station. I was so surprised, quite scared when somebody tab me...but Im so grateful. Singaporean are really nice and helpful.

In MRT today, an english woman turn to me and told me my toe is very nice. We then chit chat abit. Again, I was surprise, why a stranger talk to me. Back in Malaysia, I would be so afraid if a stranger talk to me. Like they are trying to make me give go to the ATM and press money out for them...

The best part abt Singapore is, everything is about half the price compare to Malaysia. But your salary amount is the same. IN Malaysia we earn almost RM2000. In Singapore, we earn SGD 1600. But In Malaysia, a NIKE shoe cost you RM200. In Singapore, a NIKE shoe is only SGD 85. !!!!! and ALMOST everything is like that. Shokubutsu(i donno how to spell) refill pack only SGD2.6. Perfume, only SGD 40-80 for biggest bottle.

If I don't convert the rate, I will become shopping crazy....Coz Im so not used to seeing things so freaking cheap here, I feel like buying ANYTHING!!!!

OK, Im really tired. Good nite.

2 comments:

yhann said...

when u in singapore,u can feel secure. thats reli true...

y.c said...

agree with you, this is the lifestyle we seeking for...m'sia cant do this forever, we understand =(